Electric Breast Pump
When you’re pregnant, picking up an electric breast pump may not be at the top of your list, and that is perfectly fine. Most mothers don’t need a breast pump or even a double breast pump, so it may pay a bit to bide your time and purchase it at the right moment.
Of course, as motherhood is a journey full of surprises and decisions, we at BabyHeart aim to make your experience just a bit more enjoyable and special with our products, such as our pregnancy heartbeat monitors and electric breast pumps.
There are many reasons why mums continue to choose us for their electric breast pump needs. We only carry high-quality products on our online shop at competitive prices. We also offer a quick shipping service and express next-day delivery to most metropolitan areas in Australia.
Aside from our 30-day money-back guarantee, we also offer flexible payment options through Afterpay or Klarna. You can sign up for an instalment payment plan that will make getting your new at-home fetal doppler or breast pump easier.
Shop now and join our growing community of mums happily enjoying their time with their little bundles of joy with the help of our products.
How to assemble an electric breast pump?
When you first receive your electric breast pump from BabyHeart, you may feel a bit intimidated as there are a lot of bits and bobs that come in your package. However, as long as you take time to understand the manual and follow this step-by-step guide, you’ll be a breastfeeding pump expert in no time:
- Check out the accessories and the unit to ensure that you have received a complete set. You can guarantee all breast pumps for sale on our website come with everything you need to begin pumping immediately.
- Place the air tube on the connector unit. Assemble the bottle pieces and attach them accordingly to the suction cups.
- The silicone membrane should firmly be attached to the suction cups to ensure a comfortable fit.
- After successfully assembling the bottle pieces and the suction cups, you can connect the tubing to the machine itself. Be extra careful and ensure that the tubing remains free of any kinks or twists.
- Ensure that everything is tightly attached and you are now ready to pump!
You can view the instructional videos on our website for more detailed instructions. Additionally, you can always reach out to our friendly customer service representatives, and they will guide you through any hiccups that occur with assembly.
How to use an electric breast pump?
After you have assembled our electric breast pump, it’s time to use it. Make sure your milk pumping machine is fully charged or connected to a power source to prevent it from shutting off mid-pump. Before you begin, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water. Ensure also that your breast pump has been properly cleaned using a dishwasher or baby bottle steriliser. From there, you can do the following:
- Take some time to relax and get comfortable. Do some yoga stretches and take some deep breaths. Find a quiet, comfortable place to sit and relax. Do a five-minute meditation or whatever you need to mentally clear your headspace.
- Promote let-down. Preparing your breasts for pumping can be done by giving them a soft massage or applying warm compresses. Let-down is the reflex that allows milk to flow from your breasts. A quick cuddle with your baby may be just what you need to release milk from your breasts. If you are away from home, you can choose to look at a photo of your baby, listen to a recording of her sounds, or close your eyes and imagine her scent.
- Establish a good seal. For a good seal, it may be helpful to moisten the suction device with water. Before starting the pump, make sure the nipple is centred on the flange so that the milk can be pumped properly.
- Start the pump. With electric breast pumps like ours, the natural suction of your baby is simulated through phases. Initially, our device suctions for shorter, faster bursts, mimicking the initial sucking your baby would do. There will be a let-down after a few minutes, but you will get drops of milk before that. Our electric pump will switch to regular mode after a few minutes (around the time of letdown). You can also switch to different modes accordingly, as our device allows you to fully customise your experience.
Make sure you do not start with the highest suction setting immediately when nursing. To avoid discomfort, it’s important to gradually increase the suction level. Additionally, you shouldn’t feel pain while pumping with your electric breast pump. If you experience pain, call your doctor right away.
What are the advantages of using an electric breast pump?
BabyHeart’s exclusive electric breast pump offers many advantages. It is compact and battery-operated, which means you can use it anywhere and conveniently store it in your car or pram. It’s also whisper quiet and discreet, which is perfect for pumping while the rest of your household is asleep.
Our portable breast pump features several modes and suction settings, allowing you to truly customise your experience.
Here are the additional advantages you can enjoy when you buy breast pumps from BabyHeart:
- They require less effort than manual pumps, as they use a vacuum to pump your breast milk.
- They are faster than other methods of expressing milk, as they use technology to mimic the natural suctions of your newborn.
- They are more comfortable for you because they offer multiple settings. As they utilise better materials like silicone, they are perfect for mothers with extra sensitive skin.
Quit searching for ‘breast pump near me’ and order our electric breast pump from BabyHeart today. We also offer a range of heartbeat dopplers for expectant mothers. These fetal doppler ultrasound devices provide a great way to hear your baby’s sounds of joy in between doctor’s visits.
We have a portable pocket fetal doppler for mums on the go, a standard and advanced doppler that features an LCD screen that allows for easier detection, and an advanced fetal heartbeat doppler that is trusted by midwives and obstetricians. These devices allow you to hear a heartbeat as early as 12 weeks.
Shop now and enjoy free next-day shipping to most metropolitan areas in all of Australia. Trust us at BabyHeart for all your mummy and baby needs.